Aug 30, 2017

Hello Amazing


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - HELLO AMAZING -




  Hello there!

This second project  at Simple Stories blog is all about my little cousin (she was named after me!), and she is also growing up so fast, and we only get to see her when we visit our family in Ecuador, so it is easy to see how much she has changed, and i wanted to document her as she enter into her tween years.






This page started with the large heart in  background.  I drew two parallel hearts in a piece of white cardstock, and cut the edges of both hearts so that they formed a hollowed out heart.  For the background of this layout, I used one of the papers in the High Style Paper pad -that matched the colors of the Beautiful collection-, so i searched on my stash for some thin crochet yarn that matched the paper's color, and used it to wrapped the entire heart cut out.






Once the heart was completely covered in yarn, I  cut a large heart out of the mint marbled paper from the 6x8 paper pad -using the wrapped cut out as a template-, and glued it to the back of the hear cut out.  I used hot glue to attached this piece to the mat ( as i wanted to completely secure it).  








There are so many floral motives in this collection, so I used a pair of fine scissors to fussy cut them from different papers, and also to trim the white edges from the stickers and die cut pieces -this allows for the flowers to mixed together without much space between them-.   I used a large number of them to layer behind the top of the heart and picture, along with some of the stickers and die cuts from this collection (there are so many to chose from)





The die cuts in this collection are just so beautiful, that i had to use them to create the title of this page.   I affixed the two die cuts at the bottom of the heart, and added a few of the floral motives behind the words.  The balloons sticker adds the little bit of whimsy to the page.








I love the end result of this page.  It has texture, softness, and lots of flowers...what is there not to love!!

I  hope these inspire you to create beautiful pages about all those special people in your life.  Trust me, once you receive the new Simple Stories BEAUTIFUL collection, you will also be looking at those special pictures to document.


AS always, let me know if you have any questions on how these came together.


Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment