Jun 15, 2017

Beautiful - Love Yourself -


Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits  - BEAUTIFUL - Love Yourself- --





Hello there!

Today I am up on the Clique Kits blog with a new project that focuses on creating your own embellishments.  I am so in love with this month's Aquarelle kit, that i am trying to use every single piece of paper in the kit.  Here is a small video on how i created this layout, so sit back and enjoy!!






As you can see in the video, I had used pieces from both papers(that had the mint/light blue color in them), so I found  a way of combining them both to create the layout's mat.






The number of butterflies i would need for this layout was larger than the ones left in the patterned paper, so I doodle a butterfly, and used it to create a cut file.  Using my Silhouette cameo, a large number of the butterflies were cut.  Before taking them off the mat, i sprayed a light mist of mint and light blue  on them.





To create the look on the butterflies, I used some distress oxides, and a craft mat (but any ink and plastic wrap/acrylic block would work).  After stamping each color on the mat, i diluted them with water, making sure that each color formed droplets on the mat.  Then i started smooshing the butterflies onto the color droplets and left them to dry.   Once they were ready, I used a fine black precision pen to delineate the butterflies.   The seam on the paper gave me a guide as to where to place all the cut outs.






The title of the page was first attached to the bottom of the page, followed by picture at the top of the seam line. Next using foam adhesive and glue, I attached all the cut outs to the page.





The picture of my daughter and me is nicely framed at the top of the page by pieces from the kit's ephemera pack, and some Clique Kits exclusive printables. My journal lines were added to a piece from the fussy cut paper in the collection, and some gold ink, here is the final layout:




I hope this serves as inspiration to create your own embellishments.   I am obsessed with butterflies, so this page is just fulfilling my creative side of my brain.   Remember to check Clique Kits if you are interested on the kit, or to check what they are stocking on their shelves.

See you all soon!!



Materials Used:
Clique Kits - Aquarelle kit
Ink - Distress Oxides - Broken China, Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Orange Marmalade - Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment