May 2, 2017

Sweet - SCT blog


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook and Cards Today - Cut File Guest Designer  -  SWEET -






Hello there!


I am so excited to share with you all this new project!

A few weeks ago,  I was contacted by Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine about guesting as a designer for their monthly cut file release.  Upon receiving the file, i used it to cut a few different designs from white card stock (you will see the rest of the designs pop in this blog in the next few days!)






I pull the beautiful Simple Stories Faith collection for this layout, and chose to pick just the cool color palette of the collection - yellow, blue, teal and green-.   Using foam adhesive i backed the flowers and leaves in the cut out.





Next I chose to use a large picture of my sister and nephew (a few days after he was born),  I made sure that the picture would fit within the circle.  My idea was to use the picture inside the ring, but instead I chose to leave one of the corners out of the ring.  This gave me space to embellish the corner, and take advantage of the light in the picture.  I wrote my journal in the tag, and glued a small envelope to the layout,so the tag can slide in and out).







I bought each of the new Bella Blvd,  Acrylic pieces, and used it to create the title in this page.   A few stickers, and fussy cut elements complete the title.






 To finish the page, I added a few extra of this flowers to cover the original design that was included in the patterned paper.     Though a  few of the pink flowers are showing, the page still has a balance of masculinity due to the color combo.   Here is the final layout:







I love this page,  it is the perfect image for the miracle my nephew is, and the love my sister has for the little.     I am so thankful to Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine, and Nicole Nowosad for having featured me in the blog.
Stop by Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine blog to pick a copy of the cut file.   I look forward to see your takes on the cut file.

Take care!


Materials Used:
Cut file - Scrapbook and Cards Today - May 2017 (by Nicole Nowosad)

Paper collection and embellishments - Faith collection - Simple Stories
Acrylic Piece - Bella Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment