May 6, 2017

My Personal Journal



Traveler's Notebook Spread created for Clique Kits  - MY PERSONAL JOURNAL -







Hello once again!!

Happy NSD to you all!    It is time to issue my second challenge over at Clique Kits's Facebook page "The Clique".      I have two passions when it comes to memory keeping: my 12x12 scrapbook pages, and my traveler's notebook daily spreads.   Since I have already tackled the scrapbook part of my heart, now it is time for my memory keeping part of my brain,  my personal journal.




So today's second challenge for CK's on-line crop is to create a Traveler's Notebook spread all about you!.  It is up to you whether you want to make it into a bullet journal, fact sheet, currently sheet, or what i chose this time, a Bible journal , as long as it reflect you at this moment.  If you add a picture of you, it is even better (#existinphotos)








For this spread, I am using the  beautiful Sorbet kit, and the exclusive printables from the TN kit
along with a few pieces from my stash.  But before, let me tell you why I chose to do a bible devotional today.  A few days ago, my dearest "cousin" ( he is part of the family that adopted us when we moved to Canada, since then we have called each other cousins) passed away after a very short, but bravely fought battle against Stage 4 Lymphoma. Through it all his love for life, and his family was what kept us hoping for a miracle.  Unfortunately God wanted him home, and he had to leave us. His wife and two young kids (my god children) are devastated, and we are trying our very best to help in what we can.






This page was created a few days after his passing, after a good hair cut, and a long conversation with God through my Bible study.    First of all, I chose two of the selfies, i took while walking the dog after getting a fresh haircut.   I kept them rather large, since I wanted them to be the focal point on the pages.






Next I cut a page of high quality copy paper to fit  an entire two page spread of my TN. I folded it in half, and decided to create a folded page where i could hide my journal.   Before gluing the page down to the notebook, I cut two pieces of the same dimension out of one of the papers from the kit  (these are smaller than the tn's page),and glued them to the folded page, one on the front of the fold -remember that the folding edge is glued to the outer edge of the TN page -, and the other to the inside of the folded page (as in the picture).





I used the exclusive printables of the Sorbet TN kit to add tabs, to the folded page, and to the top of this Bible devotional ( I love this card!).  Using my type writer, I wrote my devotional answer to 1Thessalonians 5:16-18, and glued it to the  patterned paper.




I glued a picture to the inside of  fold, and used the exclusive printables, and some of the Simple Stories Faith stickers to frame the page.  The exclusive printables on both the main and TN kit coordinate well, so it was easy to use them in this spread.  Here is a look at the inside of the fold:





I  really hope you can join us at the Clique so you can enjoy some inspiration, and use it to create your own memory keeping.  You can always find most of the materials used in the Clique Kits store, remember to use one of the DT's code to receive a discount at checkout.


Thanks for stopping by!



Materials used:
Clique Kits -  Sorbet Kit - Main Kit and exclusive printables
                       Sorbet Kit - TN Kit exclusive printables
Simple Stories - Faith collection - Stickers and Sticker tablet






No comments:

Post a Comment