May 6, 2017

Dreaming with Eyes Wide Open



Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits  -   DREAMING WITH EYES WIDE OPEN  -







Hello there!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day to you all!!  I am sure you are all hopping around, absorbing as much inspiration as possible from all the great scrappy feeds.

Clique Kits is also holding an on-line live crop on their Facebook page, The Clique, so come join us.
Today, the DT has created challenges for you all to complete.  This is my first challenge, and it is something dear to my heart,  CUT FILES.  So the challenge is to use a cut file to create a layout.







Today, I am using the beautiful Clique Kits Sorbet kit to create a page about my son.  My scrappy young friend (who happens to be an amazing designer, too), Maryam  Perez, recently released a free cut file on her blog - just click here to be taken to her blog- , and it was perfect for what i had in mind.  So i played with the cut file  (copy, flip and welded the image) until i was happy with it.   Then i used the papers in the kit to back the cuts.





This month's kit -Sorbet- is filled with beautiful pieces of ephemera, so after gluing the picture in the center of the layout, I used the large piece of ephemera to create the title of the page, and frame the picture of my teenage son.









How can you not add so much detail to a page, when there is to much to chose from.  Since the page is mostly black and white, the small pops of color in the ephemera work to bring life and attention around the page, and to the picture.  Here is the final layout:






I love, love  this page.  It is so my style!, and defines my son to a tee!  I really hope you take so time, and visit the Clique to take on some of the challenges.    Remember there is prizes to be won!!
If you would like more information on the materials used in this layout, visit Clique Kits, there are so many beautiful things to chose from in their store.

See you all very soon!!!




Materials Used:
Clique Kits - Sorbet kit


Cut file - Maryam Perez design

No comments:

Post a Comment