Dec 6, 2016

The Cut Shoppe - Pretty Little Studio product swap: DECEMBER JOY





Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe and Pretty Little Studio product Swap                                                                        - DECEMBER JOY -





Hello there!

Today, i am taking part in the Pretty Little Studio and The Cut Shoppe product swap, and since we are so close to the Holidays, I chose to use Ashley Horton's Holiday collection, "Tinsel Town" to document a sweet picture of one of my littles.






Using the Tinsel Town cut file from the Cut Shoppe Store, I created this star tree,  and backed the stars with all the papers from the  Tinsel Town collection.  I added a large vellum triangle behind the tree, and used gold embroidery floss to secure and detail the tree.






Though I love the white space on the page, I added a small square of the Ugly Sweater paper from the collection to the corner, and stitched around the entire layout, I flipped the corner of the page, and change the stitching pattern to reflect the stitch in the entire page.






I added just a few embelishments to the picture of my little (they all are part of Pretty Little Studio's Tinsel Town collection).  I used the die cut starts as a way to continue the pattern from the corner to the center of the layout.







For the title, i pulled one of the Cut Shoppe's free holiday cut files from 2015, Misc. Mistletoe.  I cut the words December and Joy on the Gift Wrap paper from the Tinsel Town collection, and added an offset cut out to the words.  I used foam adhesive to create dimension on the title and page.

After adding a few lines of journal and the date, here is the final layout:





I am in love with the final result of the layout,  All the white space brings out the colors of the Tinsel Town collection, and the picture of my little.

Don't forget to visit both the Cut Shoppe and Pretty Little Studio to see what the DTs are creating with the amazing products.

Thanks for visiting!


Materials Used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe

Patterned Papers and embelishments - Tinsel Town collection - Ashley Horton for Pretty Little Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment