Dec 14, 2016

Lovely Smile


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  -  LOVELY SMILE -




Hello friends!


As my reveal week continues at Scrapbook Nerd. Today, I am showing you a new layout that i worked out with the negative parts (left-over pieces) from a cut-out.  I am a sucker for paper scraps, so I couldn't let this pieces go without reworking them into a layout.





These flowers were leftover from a cut file used for another project.  So using the cut-out, and some removable tape, I glued the pieces to a scrap piece of paper.   I pulled some of my  Prima watercolors, and used them to add color to the flowers trying to match the ones in the Pink Paislee's Take Me Away collection.  






Once the flowers dried, I stitched them onto white card stock.  I think at this point, I changed my design a few times, but the more i saw the stitched design, it reminded me of the edges of pillowcase dresses, so I decided to trim the card stock to match this design.  I simply followed the edge of the flowers.   Since this layout is all about one of my sisters (we are 20 years apart), I decided to put small quotes as the centers of the flowers.





I had been meaning to scrap this picture of my sister, but hadn't created the right background.  It was a happy coincidence, she is wearing that flower headband.  Since the background is detailed, I chose to add just a few details to the picture, and frame it within the stitched background, and papers from the collection.






I went with a non-white background for the page.  I found paper #1 from the Take Me Away collection as the perfect background (my sister is wearing a head band with purple flowers).   For the title, I pulled the foam words from the collection, and combined them with pieces from the chipboard and mirror stickes to create the title of this page.   To finish the page, I added a few splatters of black ink, and some journal lines,  Here is the final layout:






Though we are at the beginning of winter, I love the spring, happy and airy feel of this page, and it  is just like my sister.    It is funny that i had the perfect picture for a background that was created from the left over pieces of another project!.

As always don't forget to check the Scrapbook Nerd store to find all the materials used in this layout!  Remember I am a comment away, if you want to reach me with a question or concern.

Take care!


Materials Used:
Cut file - Lost River - Studio Calico
Patterned papers - #1, 11 and 6x6 paper pad - Take Me Away collection by Paige Taylor Evans- Pink Paislee
Mirror stickers, Chipboard stickers, wood veneer, die cut pieces, Foam thickers - Take Me Away collection by Paige Taylor Evans - Pink Paislee
Bits and Pieces - She Blooms collection - Bella Blvd.
Word stickers - Small chat - Tim Holtz
Watercolor Palette - The Classics, Dreamy Pastels -  Prima Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment