Nov 20, 2016

Heart Eyes



Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - HEART EYES -





Hello there!

 It is my reveal week at Scrapbook Nerd, and I have worked some many projects with all the collections I have picked up in the store, that i had to divide some for November, and a few more for December.    For today's project I chose to document one of my favorite pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend,  using some mixed media and the beautiful Maggie Holmes's Gather collection.




The background of the layout was worked on watercolor paper, using the Prima watercolor palettes.  I simply splatter water droplets, and watercolor droplets, and use a wet brush to join the drops together until I am satisfied with the look on the page.   Once it dried, I used a stencil (of very small ovals / leaves), and used Ranger's grit paste along the background.





Since, i wanted to highlight the background of the mat, I kept the picture and its embelishments to a minimum.   I simply fussy cut some of the papers from the 12x12 in paper pad (roses, birds, ticket stubs) and layered them in between the picture.  Here  are a few close ups of the layers:









I used a variety of embelishments from the Gather collection, as well as Shimelle's GO Now Go collection.   The title is made up of this black foil sticker from the Saturday collection, and it was perfect to describe this picture.  Finally, I trimmed the sides of the mat, and attached it to the marbled paper from the Gather collection,  Here is the final layout:







I really love the look of this page, it is colorful  and simple but with lots of little details.  It encapsules the feel of fall to a tee.

As always let me know if you have any questions about how this page came together, and check Scrapbook Nerd to obtain all the products used in this project.   I will be back soon with a few more projects.

Thanks for visiting today!


Materials Used:
watercolor palettes:  The Classics, the tropicals, Shimmering lights, Decadent Pies, and Pastel dreams  - Prima Marketing
Grit texture paste - Ranger
Patterned Paper - Gather collection - Maggie Holmes - Crate Paper
Gold foil stickers, cardstock stickers, chipboard stickers - Gather collection - Maggie Holmes - Crate Paper
Wood button, Puffy heart sticker -  Go Now Go collection - Shimelle - American Crafts.


No comments:

Post a Comment