Nov 10, 2016

Fall Love


Scrapbook Layout create for the Cut Shoppe  - FALL LOVE -





Hello there!

I hope you all are doing well.   Today, I  am up on the Cut Shoppe's blog with a new layout about my kids and fall (perfect combination!).



A little bit of machine stitching adds texture, and secures the feathers to the mat.



I love cut files!, and the latest release from The Cut Shoppe  are just so beautiful, that I am using them to document some of my beloved pictures.  For this layout, I am using the 8.5x11 in Flock of Feathers cut file.  Using the knife tool on the Silhouette Cameo, i isolated one of the rows of feathers.   Once the row was completely detached, the 'edit points' function helped joining the lose lines left from the cuts made with the knife tool.  The cut-out was then backed with papers from the beautiful Oakley Avenue papers from Pretty Little Studio (I love this collection!)







Since in the picture used, my kids are standing on a ladder, I flipped the feathers 90 degrees, so that they looked as cascading down the page.   I added my picture to the middle of the page, and added a few pieces of the collection die-cuts in little clusters around the picture.








For the title, I am using some of the acrylic pieces from the Oakley Avenue collection (isn't it pretty!).   After adding a few splatters of shimmer inks in gold and copper, and a few journal lines.  Here is the final layout:





I created this layout to highlight both background and picture together, and used the color in the paper collection to add vibrancy to the page.  Here is a small video on how this page came together:






Don't forget to keep on capturing and documenting all your memories.  As always do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions on how this page came together.

Thanks for visiting today!


Materials used:
Cut file - Flock of Feathers -  The Cut Shoppe

Oakley Avenue collection by Ashley Horton for Pretty Little Studio
Shimmering ink -gold and copper - Paper Smooches.

No comments:

Post a Comment