Sep 22, 2016

Happy Pool Day


Scrapbook Layout -  Happy Pool Day -


a close up of the layout,



Hello!,

I have been busy creating new projects for the different design teams, I am part of.  However, in between assignments, I have been using the breaks to try and use up my paper stash, and document some of the pictures from the summer outings.



A look at the mixed-media on the layout's background.


I started this layout, by trying to replicate the water splash created when kids cannonball into a swimming pool.   I chose water colors like blues and teals for the background.  Once the paint was dried, I used the May Mash up ampersand cut file to add a large focal point on the layout.


a close up to the picture details


I attached the picture of my littles with a few pieces of ephemera around it.  I picked pieces that had a lot of color in the blues and fuschias to match that of the picture.  



the title of the page


For the title, i chose to play with the stickers and ephemera from Simple Stories' Sunshine and Happiness collection.   I added the title to the top left corner of the page.  To complete the page, I glued and stitched the page to a pink watercolor paper.   I made sure to trim a small edge around the entire page, so that the background paper will show as a frame to the layout.
Here is the final layout:




I like how the contrast on colors shows throughout the page, and I hope this serves as inspiration to finish documenting summer pages (though i still have at least 100 pictures to document).
 As always let me know if you have any questions about this page.

Take care!


Materials Used:
cut file - The Cut Shoppe - May Mash Up

The Cut Shoppe digital collection -Snapshots

Puffy Stickers - Atwell collection - Fancy Pants Designs
Patterned paper, card stock stickers - Simple Stories - Sunshine and Happiness collection
Background paper (mat) - Amy Tangerine -Better Together collection
Pink Vellum paper
Heidi Swapp color shine - peacock, navy, white, seafoam and teal

No comments:

Post a Comment