Jul 1, 2016

Sweet


Scrapbook Layout  - Sweet -


a sneak peak of the layout

Hello all!


it is no secret, I love a good cut file and so does my Cameo.  Fortunately the Cut Shoppe  design exclusive  cut files for Scrapbook Nerd (I happen to design for both companies, so major YAY!!)...  For the summer, a new cut file called Camp Glamp is available in the www.scrapbooknerd.com store,  THEY ARE FREE, so  go and get your copy.

In addition, we over at Scrapbook Nerd, have started a new series on how to use the Silhouette products and the software.  So, hop onto the blog (http://scrapbooknerd.com/)  to see my first attempt at a video  (I rather enjoy photography, but my IT guy -i.e. my son- has been hired as a producer) about the basics of using a cutfile.

For this project I only used the pinwheel element of the cutfile.  I cut two of this  pieces of the same dimensions, and backed the cut-outs using MME On Trend2 papers.



I used the sewing machine to stitch in each triangle to the cut-out



I wanted to add some color to the background, so I used some Heidi Swapp color shine to create a water color effect on the 11x11 in. mat.


lots of ink droplets on the background.


The two cut-outs were attached along the diagonal line of the mat, and the picture was placed at the intersection of the two cut-outs. 



The title and all embelishment come from the On Trend2 collection


I added my journal in one of the triangles of the top cut-out, and chose not to trim the cut-out to fit within the page, instead i opted to keep it overlapping the layout.



a close up to the  top of the layout.


Finally I matted the layout on top of  a paper from the same collection, and added some enamel dots to the layout.  Here is the final look:


The paper collection is beautiful, and works perfecty with the cut-file


I hope you enjoy the layout, and  if you want to obtain a copy of the cutfile here is the website link: http://scrapbooknerd.com/xencart/index.php?main_page=products_new

As always feel free to contact me with any questions.

Take care!!


Materials Used:
Cut file - Camp Glamp, ScrapbookNerd.com
Patterned Paper - On Trend2 Collection, My Mind's Eye
All Embelishments - On Trend2 collection, My Mind's Eye
Background - Colorshine in blush, mustard, sea foam, coral, mint, pink, navy and gold, Heidi Swapp
















No comments:

Post a Comment