Jul 6, 2016

Hello Awesome Baby


Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe  - Hello Awesome Baby -





Hello everyone!

I am so excited, as i added my first post as a designer to The Cut Shoppe blog.  I am still pinching myself at having this great opportunity to work with such an amazing group of ladies, and get to play with the amazing products the store has to offer. 

For my first project, I created  a soft layout to document my day spent babysitting Nicholas (a friend's baby).   Using the Boys Rule, and Round and Round cut files a large background was used to frame baby's picture.


This is the final cut-out before being attached to the layout.


In order to recreate the feeling of a rattle, and to tie the stars in the cut-out,  I created small shaker pockets.   A fuse tool, a small picture sleeve, sequin, and small gold and translucent stars were used  in the shaker pockets.   I hand-stitched the pockets to the cut-out only behind the scribbled circles surrounding the  picture.


A close up to the shaker pockets in construction.



The  cut-out was then glued (with small glue dots) to the teal paper of the new beautiful Sunny Side Up Digital collection from The Cut Shoppe.  I love that i can print the papers at home, or in this case take them to Staples to have them printed into  11x17 in. cardstock.   Once the background was attached, I added the picture and a few embelishment from the cut-apart page of the collection along with some chipboard stickers and foiled elements.


The soft, but vibrant colors of the collection worked nicely in this layout.


For the title, I used the Open Letter Alpha to create the words 'Hello' and 'Baby'.  I welded the letters together making sure they overlapped each other.   Once cut -on white cardstock-, they were backed using vellum papers from different collections.  The words were then attached, to the background with some foam adhesive, so that the title read "Hello Awesome Baby".



The dimension on this title is lovely.

Finally, the journal lines were written in the bottom star of the cut, and the entire mat was machine stitched to a 12x12 in. paper from Crate Paper's Bloom Collection.   Here is  the final layout:




I had so much fun creating this layout.  It came together rather easily.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me, and do go visit THE CUT SHOPPE  and see all the beautiful files and the new paper collections (Ashley has done a great job designing them).

Till next time...

Happy Crafting!!


Materials Used:





Patterned paper - Delighted,  Bloom Collection, Crate Paper
Chipboard Stickers - Mambi
Foiled Star - Icons collection, MInc, Heidi Swapp.
Gold Stars - After Dark collection, Crate Paper
Gold Heart Vellum,  Hello Love collection, Crate Paper
Teal polka-dot vellum,  Necessities collection #2,  My Mind's Eye











No comments:

Post a Comment