Mar 31, 2016

Sweet Joy


Scrapbook Layout - Sweet Joy -


A close up of the layout...

Hello everyone,

I have been putting my creativity to good use this week.   I have so many beautiful pictures to document, and not enough time in the day...  

This particular picture is a favorite of my entire family, as it is my youngest sister (she has autism, so she socializes differently than the average teenager) leaning on my husband shoulder and actually smiling for the camera - A miracle on both sides!!-.  

 I have been meaning to dust off my mixed media skills, so I channeled my inner artist for this layout.  I started by adding splashes of shimmering pink and mint watercolor on some white cardstock. I was drawn to  a cross pattern for all the splashes of color.


the lack of gesso caused the paper to buckle a bit during the process.



Once the color splashes had dried, I added a few stamped hearts -i used black ink to create some contrast-.  To add texture,  I use a polka dot stencil with white shimmer paste just on the outer corners of the cross pattern.


A close-up of  the mixed media details.


While the paste dried, I went ahead and started working on building the layers for the picture.  I used papers from Craft Smith's Mint and Pink collection from Michaels. 



I added a gold acetate 6x4 card as the mat for the paper layers.



Another look at the layers  of  the layout...


Using staples adds dimension to the layers



For part of my title i used some water color paper to cut a banner using my Silhouette Cameo.  The Joy banner comes from Paper Issues.  Once I cut it, I used gold acrylic paint to add shine to the banner.


I chose to enlarge the banner to be the same size as the paper cluster...



Once all the  parts were ready,  I went ahead and printed the picture in black and white ( this way it creates a lot of contrast to the rest of the layout).  And started assembling the page.


A side look of the paper cluster



To complete the title I used a cut-out from All Gold Things collection from MME at the top of the picture.  This also helps to balance the  large banner at the bottom of the page, and frames the picture at the same time.


A scalloped tag on the background softens the straight edges of the paper cluster.


Finally  I added a few sequins and some star shaped confetti to complete the piece..
I am so pleased with the end result. I hope you like it, too.

See you soon

P.S.  Remember April is Autism Awareness Month, i would invite you to get some information on how this chromosomal disability can affect kids and adults and their families.  We love our little sister, and her disability -autism- is one of the biggest blessings our family ever received.


The completed layout...



Materials used:
Cut file -Joy Banner-,  Paper Issues.com
Banner cut-out,  water color paper
Gold Acrylic paint, Heidi Swapp Marquee Collection
Patterned Paper,  Mint and Pink collection, Craft Smith, Michaels
Ephemera and title, All things gold collection, My Mind's Eye
Shimmer water color,  Artist Loft, Michaels
Mint and Pink Color shine, Heidi Swapp
Heart stamp, Recollections, Michaels
White screen paste, Heidi Swapp collection
Polka dot Stencil, Heidi Swapp Collection
Tag,  Recollections,  Michaels

















No comments:

Post a Comment