Jan 14, 2016

First Scrapbook Layout of 2016


Believe


One of my ideas for this year was to create a mantra to live by.  Since I had already picked up a word for the year, Believe, I went ahead and laid it out on a scrapbook page.

I used papers from the Pink Paislee Memorandum collection to back up and layer the picture, then I went a cut up the label paper (from the collection), and wrote my mantra in each piece.   I cut out the word believe (on the bottom of 12x12 cardstock) out of white cardboard, and kept both parts of the sheet.  Using the plastic wrapping technique and color shine, i created a water color background for the picture

Each color of the background was chosen to match the color of the labels' edges.


I went ahead and cut bottom 4 inches of the cardboard (where the word was cut up), and  attached  it to the background;   i backed the cut with gold paper, and added the cut with foam dots to give it some lift, and to more texture i ripped the  bottom edge of the 4 inch strip.

The title for the page was cut after the background was created on the same sheet.
This gives the top of the page a border that ties the design together..



Finally just added some ephemera and stickers  to finish the layout...  It is one  of my favorite layouts by far, and this serve as therapy for the soul, too.. 

The Final Layout


Materials Used:
  • White Cardboard, Gold Glitter Paper from  American Crafts
  • Pattern Paper and Labels from Pink Paislee Memorandum Collection
  • Stickers from Heidi Swapp
  • Tabs and Ephemera from Me and My Big Ideas Gold Collection
  • Little phrases from Simple Stories




No comments:

Post a Comment