Jan 13, 2016

40


Scrapbook Layout  -40-


I turned 40 last December (YAY!!), and the only picture that we have of that night is the one my daughter took with the DSLR, so I had to document the occasion. 

The final layout

First I created a cutfile that had a enlarged oval and a number 40 inside using my Silhouette cameo (i love the cutting machine).  Since I wanted to give it a sense of celebration, I also cut a star banner (from Paper Issues -Christmas Banner cutfile) on watercolor paper.  After hand stitching the oval to the original cardstock, i created a shaker pocket with the Fuse in the shape of the number four, and glued it as part of the backing paper to the cutfile.


The number four has a shaker pocket added as part of the back paper.

Since the picture was printed in black and white, and i am using colorful sequins, i chose paper that had similar colors to the sequins.   A few cutouts and ephemera helped to highlight and anchor the picture, and of course a wood veneer ( I love wood cutouts).  Finally I added Heidi Swapp Colorshine mist to the garland and attached it using my stapler and a brad in the middle to give a sense of movement to the  piece...  I hope you like it.


The picture gets highlighted by using patterned paper and cutouts,
the confetti stickers add an air of celebration to the layout..

Materials used:
  • Paper:  True Stories, Shimelle
  • Cutfile:  Christmas Banners,  Paper Issues
  • Stickers:  Birthday Wishes & Our Family ,  Echo Park
  • Chipboard pieces:  DIY Boutique, Simple Stories
  • Cutouts,  The Happy Planner,  MAMBI
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine  Gold and Mustard
  • Shaker card  built with a 3x4" pocket ,  Becky Higgins Project Life


No comments:

Post a Comment